Instagram

Saturday 10 September 2016

DIY Goal Post for Guild Ball - Pile of Gold

In Guild Ball, a lot of the personality of your team comes from having a custom Goal Post to represent the character of your team.

If you go to the main Guild Ball Forums, you can see all sorts of custom things people have done under "the Display Cabinet" sub forums. From there, you can get all sorts of inspiration.

Recently, I was inspired by my friend's Union Goal Post. Very appropriately, it was a large mound of coins. He told me the overall gist of how he did it, but I decided to revise the design a bit.

If you are interested in making something similar, here is the simple guide:

1- Use some kind of clay (or play-dough!) to make the base of the mound as pictured.

2- Stick random bits to add some character to it. I happened to have a sword and banner lying around.

3-After the clay hardens, reinforce it with glue (I used hot glue), prime it, and give the whole thing a base coat of paint.

4- Once it's all done, put on a watered-down layer of glue and use Gold Glitter. Fortunately, my glitter I bought at the dollar store is actually round, so if you look very closely, they actually look like coins.

5- Once dry, seal it in with another layer of watered-down glue, and there you have it!

I like this particular goal, because not only is it appropriate for the Union Guild, but because I put my moniker ("the aY", duh!), it is applicable to all my teams. Yes, I am very vain, it seems.

Hope you enjoyed this blog entry! :)

-the aY

No comments:

Post a Comment